- Held on the second and fourth Monday of every month beginning at seven o'clock
- Civic Center
5407 Turney Road
City Council Chambers
Garfield Heights, Ohio 44125
City Council holds a caucus session at 6:30 pm prior to each meeting. City Council may schedule additional meetings to handle city business matters with 24-hour notice to the public.
Recorded meetings of the Garfield Heights City Council are shown on local government access channels seven days a week.
Meetings can also be viewed on our Garfield Heights YouTube channel.
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas and legislation to be considered at each meeting are posted the Friday prior to the meeting at public locations throughout the city:
- Civic Center/Senior Center, 5407 Turney Road
- Garfield Heights Justice Center, 5555 Turney Road
- Boulevard Convenient, 8808 Garfield Boulevard
- Garfield Heights Regional Library, 5409 Turney Road
- Munchies / Direct Wireless, 4561 East 131st Street
- The City of Garfield Heights website
Minutes are available following approval.
City Council is comprised of seven members elected by wards, serving for a term of two years.
City Council is the legislative branch of government and its powers are as follows:
- Propose and vote on legislation that affects the City's laws
- Regulate expenditures, revenues, and purchases for the City
- Undertaking of public improvements
- Levying of assessments
- Execution of contracts
- Sale and disposal of municipal-owned property
- Zoning regulations