Incident Reports

When to Reach Out Immediately

Not all types of reports can be completed through the GHPD online reporting system. If any of the following criteria exists, please call 911 or the GHPD non-emergency number 216-475-1234 to report your incident:

  • If there is an immediate threat to any person or property where the suspect is on-scene or currently in route to your location
  • The incident occurred outside the city limits of Garfield Heights
  • You are not at least 18 years of age
  • You do not have a valid driver’s license or state ID card
  • You do not have a valid email address
  • Your incident involves violence between family or household members
  • You are reporting a theft offense and the stolen property is a firearm, license plate, a stolen motor vehicle, or hazardous material
  • There is any physical evidence connected to the crime that needs to be collected (i.e. blood, obvious fingerprints, clothing, etc.)

When to File a Report

The following crimes are reportable through our online reporting system. Please read each carefully to determine if your incident fits one of these crimes:

  • Assault - No person shall knowingly or recklessly cause or attempt to cause physical harm to another or to another's unborn. Attach pictures of injuries and any other evidence.
  • Breaking and Entering - Breaking and Entering involves trespassing in an unoccupied structure such as an unattached garage, shed, and uninhabited building (this includes businesses that are closed). Attach pictures of any damage done to property or evidence of forced entry.
  • Criminal Damaging / Criminal Mischief - Your property is intentionally damaged or destroyed. Attach any pictures of damaged items and/or evidence of the crime.
  • Custody Dispute - A parent of a child keeps the children past their court-ordered time, misses a drop-off, or refuses to bring a child back home.
  • Identity Theft - Using another person's name, social security number, driver's license, etc. to obtain credit/loans/services unlawfully.
  • Lost Property - You were in possession of your property at a location or intersection in the City of Garfield Hts. and you no longer have possession of your belongings. No evidence of a theft.  List description of items lost (make, model, color, etc), serial number, value, any other information relevant to the items.
  • Menacing - Verbal threats to cause harm with no physical contact. Attach any information that may be helpful in corroborating the threats.
  • Property Damage (Non-Criminal)  - Your property was damaged accidentally by someone or by something without criminal intent. Attach pictures of damaged property, description and value.
  • Telecommunications Harassment - Unwanted phone calls or text messages of an annoying, or harassing nature. Attach any information that may be helpful in locating person calling (phone statements that show incoming calls)
  • Theft - Property is taken without your permission. Property known to be stolen and missing may be reported. List the description of items taken (make, model, color, etc), serial number, value, any other information relevant to the stolen items.

File a Police Report Online

Please Note

Filing a false police report is a crime under Ohio Revised Code 2917.32(A)(3):

(A) No person shall do any of the following: (3) Report to any law enforcement agency an alleged offense or other incident within its concern, knowing that such offense did not occur.

Request an Incident Report

An incident report can be requested via our online Police Report Incident Report Request Form.