J & J Refuse 330-963-5493
- Please call this number if rubbish and recyclables are not picked up.
- Rubbish trucks operate until 6:00 p.m.
- For the winter months only, rubbish may be placed on the tree lawn at 4:30 p.m.
- If you are unsure of your scheduled rubbish pick up day, please call the Service Department.
- The following holidays will be observed New Years Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day. If a holiday falls on a weekday, your rubbish and recyclables will be collected the day after your regular pick up day. If the holiday falls on the weekend, normal pickup will not be interrupted.
Recyclables must be placed in blue bags. A separate truck will pick up recyclables.
Tree branches may be placed on lawn for pick-up. They must:
- NOT be longer than 4 feet in length.
- Bundled with rope.
- NOT weigh more than 30 lbs.
J & J will pick-up:
- Refrigerators; you must take off the door(s).
- Leaves that are bagged.
- Paint will be pick-up as long as it has kitty litter or saw dust inside the can to soak up paint. Place the paint can in an open box with the lid off.
- Larger items that are in the rain, may be left until dried out.
- Rubbish may be placed on the tree lawn for pick-up after 4:30 p.m. the evening before scheduled pick-up day (winter months only).
If you are experiencing sewer-related issues, please call the Cuyahoga County Department of Public Works during regular business hours, Monday-Friday, 7:30 a.m. –3:30 p.m. at (216) 443-8201.
There will be no evening and no weekend calls. Catch basin problems will still be handled by the Garfield Heights Service Department.
- House address
- Phone number
There is no charge to the resident for this service
- Please call the Service Department Office to report potholes in the city streets.
- Have the following information available:
- Only dead trees located on a resident’s tree lawn will be removed by the City.
- Limbs will be trimmed off trees on tree lawns only.
- If a tree is interfering with a power line, call the Illuminating Company: 1-800-589-3101.
- Leaf pick-up is only during the fall months.
- Leaves ready to be picked up must be placed on the tree lawn.
- The leaf trucks work through the City: Ward by Ward; street by street.
- Trucks rotate through the City a projected three times or until snow falls.
Please call Ed Jamison at 216-475-1108 or email@example.com to report stray or nuisance animals.
To find a pet, please click here.
Street Light Outages
Please call the Service Department if a light that is out:
Pole number.Address and street name.
For further inquiries please contact:
Timothy McLaughlin at 216-475-3373 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Mark Sikon at 216-475-1107 or email@example.com
Jennifer Seither at 216-475-3373 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Service Department Secretary
Holiday Lights Can be Recycled
The Cuyahoga County Solid Waste Management District is collecting burned out, broken and tangled strings of holiday lights for recycling through Jan. 11.
Residents can leave their unwanted light strings, power cords, and power strips in a marked box located in the in the lobby of the CCSWMD headquarters, 4750 East 131 Street in Garfield Heights. Hours are 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Volunteers help provide flowers and landscaping to Garfield Heights
To read the article or view the video, please click here.
Good Response to Community Shredding Program
Approximately 4,000 pounds of paper was shredded during the Garfield Heights Community Shredding Program June 23 at the Civic Center.
As a way to prevent identity theft and promote recycling, the city offered the program to residents who brought their old financial statements, tax forms, bills, medical records and other paper to dispose.